Resources to Help in the Midst of COVID-19
When life's rhythms are changed and our normal securities threatened, opportunity knocks. We become open to God and one another in fresh ways. We remember where our greatest treasure lies and focus our efforts to invest in the commitments that enable us to live wisely and well. Third Church wants to be your best partner in this journey!
We know you are getting all the medical information you need from other sources. We want to be the loving community you can turn to for help with your soul as we walk through this season together. We pray that the resources provided below will help provide the perspective and peace you need to find your way, and maybe even flourish, in days ahead. God is at work in this messy and mysterious time, and we will find that good together. The Lord be with you!
Worship with your Church Family
What opportunity does the present season provide me in the area of worship? How can I keep my heart connected closely with God, so I live out of His grace and wisdom during this challenging time?
- Participate in weekly online worship by watching our recorded services--posted by Sunday morning. Click the Worship & Liturgy Update tab on the left for lyrics to songs, responsive prayers and readings, scriptures, sermon notes and Ponderings, etc.
- Join us every weekday at 9:00 am for morning devotions through our Third CRC Community Facebook Page. Check back with this page often as we post other updates--prayer requests, ways to pray, funny stories, etc.--throughout the day.
Stay Spiritually Fit
What opportunity does this change in my daily rhythm provide me in terms of spiritual growth? How can I use this period of time to grow more fully into the character of Christ?
- Take time for personal daily devotions with the Today Devotional or Sacred Space.
- Study the Bible using this wonderful tool developed by Calvin Theological Seminary.
- Children & Family Ministry Resources and other ideas from our Faith Formation friends at the CRC denomination.
- Journal the thoughts and feelings within you with a sensitivity to God's movement and activity in each day. Let this be a form of prayer for you. Consider sharing insights given with others.
Give and Receive Care
What opportunity does this crisis provide me to serve others with my time, talents, and resources? How can I be the hands and feet of Jesus and make the Kingdom of God more visible? Where can I find help if I need it?
- Get prayer support by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Our prayer warriors and pastoral staff would love to pray for you!
- Get practical help (food, financial, transportation, etc.) by emailing email@example.com. If you can offer ways to help--please let the firstname.lastname@example.org know!
Ensure that Third Church Remains Solvent and Strong
Support Third Church by giving online or sending your gifts to the church. Your generosity, especially now, determines how we keep ministering to people and support our mission partners going forward. We sincerely need you. Thanks for BEING the Church!